Nov 15-21, 2015 | Eco-Yoga and Mindfulness in the Jungle with Melissa Eisler, Lena Schmidt and guest teacher Liz Lindh
Stretch, hike, swim, breathe, relax, and explore in the jungle of Costa Rica for a week with Lena Schmidt and Melissa Eisler.
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica is a unique, eco-conscious yoga retreat center completely solar powered and off the grid. Located a short hike from a secluded waterfall and swimming hole at the intersection of two rivers, and a longer river walk to the ocean, The Sanctuary provides the perfect blend of modern luxury and natural essence, allowing you to connect to nature in a comfortable way.
If a week of yoga, mindfulness, hiking, organic food, luxury tree houses, and enjoying a close connection with new friends sounds like your kind of vacation, keep reading…
Yoga and Meditation Classes
Two teachers in a small group setting means personalized attention and instruction. Lena and Melissa are both registered yoga instructors, teaching yoga and meditation in the San Diego area. Their intention for the retreat is not only for you to relax and have fun in Costa Rica, but also to offer tools and practices to take home with you and integrate into daily life. Yoga classes will be taught in the outdoor yoga pagoda to the backdrop of the jungle. Class styles will be a mixture of Vinyasa flow, mellow hatha, restorative, and alignment-based, workshop-style practices to help you fine-tune and take your practice to the next level.
Daily mindfulness classes are great for beginners interested in learning how to meditate, but will offer plenty of opportunity to dive deeper into your meditation practice if you already have a practice. This retreat will encourage you to step away from everyday life and relax, renew, and reconnect with yourself at a deep level.
- Early-bird pricing: $1,650 per person, double occupancy (before Sept 9th)
- Early-bird pricing: $2,250 per person, single room (before Sept 9th)
- Regular pricing: $1,799 per person, double occupancy
- Regular pricing: $2,399 per person, sing occupancy
Contact Lena for more info: http://www.yoginilena.com/contact.html
Sample Schedule / Typical Day
- Jungle Morning! (Fruit/Coffee/Tea/Snacks)
- Morning practice
- Organic breakfast
- Mindfulness practice or activity and lounging (walking, journaling, relaxation, meditation, creative time…)
- Organic gourmet lunch
- Afternoon class/workshop/group activity
- Organic dinner
- Evening tribe gathering or relaxation time
- 7 days and 6 nights at The Sanctuary at Two Rivers (Eco-luxury accommodations)
- 3 gourmet organic plant-based meals every day
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- Workshops, group activities, tribe gatherings, mindfulness practices
- Group excursion to Santa Teresa, a charming Costa Rican beach town
- Cleansing waterfall wellness ritual and river hike
- Jungle Alchemy Dance Experience
- Live music Savasana by co-instructor Melissa Eisler
- Endless amounts of hiking and swimming in the waterfalls and along the rivers
- Limitless relaxation by the pool, in the hammocks, from the tree houses …
- Retreat taxes
What's NOT Included?
- Airfare. From to / from departing country and to / from the Nicoya Peninsula (Tambor Airstrip) in Costa Rica (25-minute flight from San Jose)
- Airport fees in Costa Rica or your departing country
- Ground transportation costs to / from Tambor and The Sanctuary (an estimated $50 each way on the designated arrival dates and times)
- Optional Excursions: Zip-lining, horseback riding, surfing lessons, snorkeling
- Optional Spa Treatments: Massages, facials, nutrition consultations
- Retreat staff gratuity ($10 per night)
- Travel insurance, if desired
About Your Hosts:
Lena Schmidt is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT). She teaches classes throughout San Diego and leads yoga adventure retreats. With a background in gymnastics and modern and jazz dance, Lena finds the physicality of yoga to be a delightful and challenging way to move the body without competition. The spiritual aspects of yoga have aided Lena in the never-ending search for peace, calm and positivity within, and she is passionate about sharing these tools with others.
Lena is intentional about taking yoga off the mat and loves finding the bridges between the heart and mind, the individual and community, and mindfulness and expression. To complement the creative practice of yoga, Lena holds degrees in ethnic studies and women’s studies and is dedicated to making the joyfulness of yoga accessible to all people. She also teaches prenatal yoga and children’s yoga. Lena offers a Hatha/Vinyasa class that includes strong asana, pranayama and a philosophical theme woven throughout.
Melissa Eisler did her yoga teacher training in 2011 without any intention of teaching. She had been practicing yoga regularly since 2004 and wanted to learn more about the practice that had become so integral to her life. It didn’t take long before she knew she wanted to share the gift with others. Her personal yoga, pranayama and meditation practice evolves every day, taking bits and pieces from more than a decade of practice, principally Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Anusara, as well as from books, lectures, trainings, workshops and everyday life experiences.
Melissa’s yoga classes emphasize the breath and proper alignment, and are built around spiritual or intellectual themes to encourage a state of awareness. She teaches Vinyasa classes at her favorite studio in San Diego, meditation and yoga to kids and families in the oncology ward at Rady’s Children’s Hospital, and yoga classes in corporate settings.
Her favorite part of teaching is the challenge of figuring out where people are in their journey, and meeting them there. It’s encouraging her students to challenge their bodies and open their minds and hearts each time they step onto the yoga mat. It’s finding the right way to reach people and connect with them … so they can understand, relate and benefit from the practice of yoga and all of its teachings. Melissa also blogs about her experience practicing and teaching mindfulness in the modern world at www.mindfulminutes.com