Dec 13-19, 2015 | Hot Yoga and Detox with Julie Tonks
You are invited to join me in the most wonderful experience of a life time. You are in the heart of the jungle surrounded by wildlife, beautiful plants, and amazing people. There are waterfalls, rivers, hiking trails, swimming pool, spa treatment cabanas, retreat houses, meditation tower, yoga pagoda, special meditation room, and hammock circle. This is a unique culinary experience with focus on fresh vegetarian food with aurveydic principles. You get to practice yoga and meditation in the tree tops of the jungle. This takes detox to a whole new level.
$1700 per person in a double occupancy jungle loft
For more info and to register contact Julie:
What’s Included in the retreat price?
- 7 days and 6 nights at The Sanctuary at Two Rivers (Eco-luxury double occupancy accommodations)
- 3 gourmet organic plant-based meals every day beginning with lunch on Sunday, ending with breakfast on Saturday
- Unlimited self-serve Costa Rican coffee, an assortment of teas, organic granola bars and fruits to snack on
- 5x filtered high vibration pristine mountain spring water for drinking and bathing
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- 2 posture clinics
- Group excursion Ziplining
- Waterfall wellness ritual
- Round trip transportation from Tambor airstrip to and from The Sanctuary at Two Rivers
- Endless amounts of hiking and swimming in the waterfalls and along the rivers
- Limitless relaxation by the pool, in the hammocks, in the gardens...
- Retreat taxes
What's NOT Included in the retreat price?
- Roundtrip airfare from departing country to and from Costa Rica
- Flight from SJO to Tambor $250 (I book this flight.)
- Airport fees in Costa Rica or your departing country
- Optional Excursions: taxi to nearby beach towns, surfing lessons, snorkeling
- Optional Spa Treatments: Massages, Acupuncture, facials, nutrition consultations
- Retreat staff gratuity ($10 per night)
- Travel insurance, if desired
What do I need to bring?
Flashlight or Headlamp
River-walking shoes with good drainage (Teva, Solomon, Keene)
Flip flops, sandals, or crocs for garden walking
Earth-friendly personal care products: soap, shampoo, conditioner
Refillable Eco-Water bottle (our tap water is right from the source and delicious)
Compact umbrella (May-November)
Earth-friendly sunscreen and bug repellent
Any vitamins, medications or first aid supplies you regularly use
About Your Host:
Julie Ann Tonks is the General Manager and Instructor at Bikram Yoga College of India, Longwood, FL. Julie was born in Sykesville, Maryland in 1974. She spent her later childhood growing up in West Palm Beach, FL. Julie was a ballet dancer for ten years and danced for companies such as The Palm Beach Ballet Society. Julie also played classical piano. She competed and performed up until the age of fifteen. Julie received her Associate of the Arts at the Palm Beach Community College in 1994. She completed an intensive foreign language study abroad program in Jonquiere, Canada in 1995. Julie graduated from University of Central Florida with Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in 1996. Julie worked for a comprehensive mental health organization for approximately six years. Some of her positions were case manager, assessment specialist, mental health court liaison, day treatment teacher, and clinical trails liaison. In 2007, Julie completed Bikram Yoga Teacher Training in Hawaii. Julie received a Whole Food Plant-Based Nutrition Certification through the T. Collin Campbell Foundation at Cornell University. She is a distributor for the leading whole food based nutritional supplement Juice Plus. Julie is also a distributor for The Tower Garden, a state-of-the-art vertical aeroponic growing system.
Julie spent most of her childhood sick. She battled with frequent strep throat. One year she had strep throat five times. She also suffered severe digestive issues including peptic ulcer disease. Julie experienced debilitating back and leg pain due to scoliosis. After many years of research, Julie understands and experiences the power of proper exercise and diet. "I finally found the most effective ways to reach and maintain optimal health, Bikram Yoga and Juice Plus. Because I know what Bikram Yoga and Juice Plus have done for me, I dedicate the rest of my life sharing and teaching others what they can do for them."
Full Retreat Calendar